Whether it’s in season or not, strawberries are my fruit of choice. The best thing about summer time is that it just so happens to be the time of year when strawberries taste their sweetest. Now, this drink recipe is not groundbreaking or anything. But, it is the perfect drink to have at a party or BBQ in the summer. This recipe requires a little prep work, but is well worth the time and effort!
- 1-quart jar with lid
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 2 ½ cups of non-flavored vodka (doesn’t matter which brand)
- 1 bottle of your favorite lemonade (or Lemon Italian Soda)
- 6-ounce cocktail glasses
- Lemon sugar garnish
- Before you can start making this refreshing summer drink, you have to first infuse the vodka with strawberries. The strawberries take about a week to fully transfer their flavor to the vodka. The good thing is that it doesn’t really require much from you besides putting the strawberries and vodka in the jar.
- STEP 1: INFUSE THE VODKA
- Wash the strawberries, cutting off the hulls and splitting them evenly from top to bottom. Place the strawberries and vodka in the 1-quart jar. Seal. Place in a cool dark place (refrigerator). Let it sit for one week. Presto!
- STEP 2: START MAKING STRAWBERRY VODKA LEMONADES
- Using a 6-ounce cocktail glass, roll the rim of the glass in some lemon sugar garnish. Add 3 ice cubes. Add 1 ounce of strawberry infused vodka and 4 ounces of your favorite lemonade (already chilled). Then serve.
- For the sake of presentation, feel free to further garnish the cup with the drunken strawberries.