My mother-in-law, who makes a killer salad, first introduced me to this dish! I’m usually not a big fan of a salad that has a billion things mixed in, especially a lot of wet ingredients; but to my surprise, it was one of the best salads I’ve ever had. So, I naturally wanted to share with all of you.
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups seeded chopped cucumbers (optional)
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1. In a 13 x 9 x 2.5 inch pan, layer lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers..
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine peas and green onion, and layer on top of cucumber.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt, stirring until smooth. Spread evenly over peas and green onion layer, sealing edges. Top with cheese and bacon.
- 4. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours up to 24 hours.
- 5. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.