Summer is one of the best times of year for fruit and veggie lovers. It’s unbelievable how good sweet corn and zucchini tastes when it’s in season. It’s also a good time to get the kiddies to try new vegetables since everything tastes better this time of year. So, if you’re tired of the usual heavy meals and processed foods, this dish is perfect for you. It honestly takes a total of 10 minutes to whip this together but it’s full of flavor and screams SUMMERTIME recipe!
My coworker (a proud vegetarian) was the first one to share this dish with me during a fellow coworker’s retirement party. I knew it was good when I saw folks going back for second plate. When I tried it, I was sooooo surprised by how simple, but delicious it was. She served it chilled, but says it tastes just as good fresh off the stove top.
I normally would share with you the step by step pics of the ingredients and the cooking process, but time was not on my side so I managed to take this snap…
As you can see the colors are bright and, most importantly, it all fits into one pan. No fuss, no muss! Here’s the finished product.
I hope you all enjoy this summertime favorite as much as I do! Happy eating!!!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 zucchinis, roughly chopped
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and let it cook for about 30 seconds (it cooks really fast, so be ready to dump your vegetables in).
- Add zucchini, corn, thyme, basil, and oregano to the pan. Stir occasionally. This should take about five to six minutes. You want the vegetables to be tender, but not soggy.
- Before removing the vegetables from the heat, add salt and pepper. Toss with lime juice, cilantro, and parmesan.
- Serve immediately.