One of my favorite things about summertime is all the fresh, locally grown produce at the grocery store. There’s nothing like sweet corn in the middle of July or the smell of fresh watermelon being cut into cubes in the kitchen. Another favorite summertime dish of mine is roasted vegetables. The best part of this recipe is how easy it is to make and you can put just about any veggie combination together and it will taste great!
Try this out and let me know how you like it.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 red bell pepper, preferably Holland
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, preferably Holland
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1. Preheat the oven to 4650 degrees F.
- 2. Cut the zucchinis diagonally in 3/4-inch-thick slices.
- 3. Cut the peppers lengthwise in 1 inch-wide slices.
- 4. Peel the onion and slice it in 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- 5. Place the vegetables in groups on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, add the garlic, and toss gently to be sure the vegetables are coated with oil.
- 6. Make sure to spread the vegetables in one layer on the cookie sheet. Don’t over-crowd the veggies or they will not roast properly.
- 7. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and place the thyme sprigs on top. Roast for about 15 minutes. Turn each piece and roast for an additional10 minutes, until all the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 8. Sprinkle with extra salt and serve hot or at room temperature.