I love all things strawberry! Make these breakfast bars for the kiddies or for your husband…if he’s good! I hope you like it!
Strawberries & Cream Breakfast Bar
Write a review
- 1 box of sweet cream cake mix
- 1/3 cup of butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of fresh strawberries
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Use 9 x 13 pan and spray it with baking cooking spray.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine butter, one egg, and cake mix. This mixture should be stiff and tough enough to use hands to mix.
- 4. Reserve 1 cup of mixture for topping and set aside.
- 5. Press the remaining mixture in the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 mins.
- 6. While crust is baking, slide the strawberries into quarter-inch slices.
- 7. In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and remaining egg until smooth.
- 8. Spread cream cheese mixture over the top of the partially baked crust.
- 9. Evenly arrange the sliced strawberries over the cream cheese mixture and sprinkle the remaining crust.
- 10. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (depending on your oven) until the center is set and crumbs on top turn a golden brown color.
- 11. Cool completely on wire rack and chill at least 30 minutes before serving