Puerto Rico is truly a beautiful country with beautiful people. Having visited Puerto Rico recently and in town for two days, I thought it would be nice to highlight a few of the activities I enjoyed while there. I only wish I had more time to do more. What I do know is that I shall return and partake in more of the beautiful country. Let me share what I discovered while visiting that may help you plan your own visit one day.
Location: North America
Capital: San, Juan
Surrounding countries: Dominican Republic U.S./British Virgin Islands
Official language: Spanish & English
Currency: United States Dollar
- Castillio San Felipe del Morro – Take a tour at this Historic Site where this fort was built to defend the San Juan Coastline from its enemies in the 17th and 18th centuries. The fortress allows for amazing scenic views of the rocky fortress that is comprised of huge ramps, barracks, dungeons, towers and tunnels.
- Playa Flamenco – Visit Flamenco Beach where you can see scenic and breathtaking views of the rugged coastline which have waters perfect for swimming and snorkeling.
- Old San Juan – Old San Juan is full of history and culture. It is really a great place to walk around and check out the city’s old architecture. You will come across historic walking areas, neighborhoods and historic sites. It is perfect for sightseeing, shopping, nightlife and authentic Puerto Rican cuisine.
- Casa Bacardi Distillery – Who doesn’t like a bit of rum? Here you can take a tour learn how 150 years of heritage and tradition have been carried throughout the centuries by visiting the largest premium rum distillery in the world. It’s where 86% of Bacardi Rum is produced. Make sure you take a tour and join in on a tasting or two.
- El Yunque Rain Forest – For starters, the Yunque Rain Forest occupies 28,000 acres of land and is the only tropical Rain Forest in the U.S. Forest system. It is known for its biodiversity with over 400 different plan specie. There are dozens of maintained trails for hiking, picnic pavilions, waterfalls, stone towers and more. It is truly breath taking and its FREE!
- Images: Puerto Rico, Trip Advisor, Stileto Escape, Paradise In the World, Travel