This simple recipe is something you can probably find anywhere. I wanted to share it with everyone because there are more grilled steak recipes than pan-fried versions. But for those without the luxury of a backyard or a space for grilling, it can be irritating.
If you follow these directions, you will have a delicious steak that is great for having friends over or for that special someone.
- 4 – 1 ½ inch New York Strip Steaks
- 6 tablespoons of McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- ¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1. Twenty minutes prior to cooking, slather olive oil on each side of semi-chilled temperature steaks.
- 2. Next, generously spread the McCormick Montreal steak seasoning on both sides of each steak. Let the steaks marinate for 20 minutes slowly reaching room temperature.
- 3. Preheat a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Drop 3 tablespoons of butter in the pan.
- 4. Place two New York strip steaks in the skillet and cook for 1-½ minutes for medium rare steaks. If you want your steak cooked more, just add 2 minutes each side for medium, 3 minutes each side for medium well, and 5 minutes each side for well done.
- 5. Once desired temperature is reached, remove the steaks from the pan and place 3 tablespoons of butter on top of the steaks, spreading evenly.
- 6. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving to allow the juices to settle in the meat.
- Voila…delicious pan fried steaks that will surely impress.