Baking desserts has always been a hobby of mine. I was a science major in college, so I take comfort in creating recipes with precise measurements and directions. I like to think of baking as an experiment where too much or too little of an ingredient could spell disaster. My mini pecan pies are one of my favorite baked goods because it’s extremely versatile (you can turn this into a mini pumpkin pecan pie or add additional flavors like vanilla or caramel). I also like this recipe since the prep time is relatively short compared to other pie and cake recipes.
This is also a good snack to offer guests if you’re entertaining. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!cipe Card
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1-¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-¾ cups chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2. Grease 24 mini-muffin pan and set aside.
- 3. To Make Crust: In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese and 1 cup softened butter until light and fluffy. Blend in flour, ½ cup at a time, forming smooth dough. Roll into 24 equal balls and press one into each greased mini muffin space so it lines the bottom and sides, like a pie crust.
- 4. To Make Filling: In a medium mixing bowl, mix together ¼ cup of butter and ¼ of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Stir in pecans. Fill each mini pie crust half way. Mixture will rise as it bakes.
- 5. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool in the pan, then use the end of a table knife to flip each tart out of the pan (one at a time).
- You will need a mini tart pan that can be found at any home store like Bed Bath and Beyond or even Target.