What is a honeymoon? The prize/ultimate retreat after wedding planning stresses! It should be calm and restful, romantic, and enjoyable for both you and the new spouse. I just HAD to stick my little pinky toe in some foreign waters so we went to Greece. BUT, if you’re still in the early stages of planning and have yet to settle on a location… check out some of my DREAM destinations below and let me know your thoughts!!
- Santorini Greece
- Nice, France Mediterranean Resort, Cote d'Azur,
- Bora Bora
- Costa Rica
- Bali Bvlgari Resort
Honeymoon 101/Things to Consider:
- KNOW YOUR BUDGET!! You can’t go anywhere you can’t afford. Remember, you’re not just paying for a flight, hotel room, food, drink, etc. You’re paying for the EXPERIENCE & AMBIANCE as well so it CAN get pricey!
- BE REALISTIC: Just because Johnny & Sophie went on a 2 week honeymoon to Indonesia, Kenya, & Ireland doesn’t mean you have to! If you can only afford to go on a 3-4 day trip to Myrtle Beach then LIVE IT UP & ENJOY yourself because its only about you and your new hubby/wife to be. Keep in mind some people don’t even GET to go on a honeymoon!
- BE PREPARED TO SPEND: It’s ~ $1,500+ per person on the flights, hotel room, food, drink, excursions, etc.
- DONT LIMIT YOURSELF!!! This is your HONEYMOON for goodness sake!! So do that excursion of spelunking or helicopter ride w/picnic lunch. Who knows when you will be able to have an experience like this again!!
- ALL INCLUSIVE: BEST THING EVER!!! When booking your honeymoon, it will make your life easier and save ya $!
- CRUISES ARE AN OPTION! Don’t fake on a cruise! They are AWESOME! They offer so much w/food, drink, activities. Plus, you get to travel to multiple destinations all at once!
Websites to Help In Your Search: