You put yourself through a Connecticut background check, passed the preliminary screening, got the call, and now it’s time for the face-to-face job interview! But how does one prepare? You can study your resume all day, and even use recruiter-approved resumes to make one that can’t help but garner some heavy interest, and still not be ready for the actual job interview. After all, a resume is only one step in the process, and it isn’t the last one by a long shot. So, it’s important that you are addressing selection criteria in the interview, showing you have read and fully understand the job role you’re applying for. I always recommend people to have training if they are unexperienced in interviews. For example, The Interview Skills Clinic provides training in London for people who are struggling with their interview technique. However, I’ve decided to try and help myself as well. If you have been trying to figure out how to prepare, or don’t know what questions to ask, then look no further. Let the questions below be your guide!
Job Interview Questions to Know the Answer To
- What qualifications, personal characteristics or strengths do you have that enable you to perform this role? Please give an example where you have exhibited this and how did it prepare you for this position?
- Describe your current job, tasks, and projects you have worked on in detail?
- Describe a challenging situation at work and how you handled it?
- What is your ideal job and what work environment are you most comfortable in?
- Why are you interested in this job? Why should we hire you?
- What has been your biggest job-related disappointment and how have you benefited from it? What is your weakness how can you improve?
- How do you handle pressure in your job? How do you handle long-term projects that seem monotonous or where you feel your skills are not being taken advantage of?
- Describe an experience working with upper-level management where you had to convey sensitive or unflattering information about the organization.
- What are your job expectations?
Job Interview Questions to Ask
- What can I expect in this position?
- Is there growth within the company available?
- Is there growth within the position?
- Are their employee development/training programs?
- What is a typical day in X position?
- What benefits does the company offer?
- What attributes does someone need to have in order to be successful in this position?
- What are the performance expectations of this position over the first 12 months?
- What are the current goals that the company is focused on, and how does this team work to support hitting those goals?
Hope this easy list helps!
Image: Woman’s Day