In honor of Independence Day, I wanted to share with you this really cool drink that you can serve at your 4th of July celebration. This comes courtesy of And They Cooked Happily Ever After.
This drink is super easy to make and your family and friends will be super impressed by the little layer effect going on with your drink. I mean…this is bartender caliber stuff, folks!
Here’s the recipe for those of you anxious to get started on this party must-have!!
- 3 full trays of ice from your freezer
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of Blue Curacao
- 1 cup vodka (plain or flavored)
- 1 cup of your favorite lemonade
- In a blender on the ice crush setting, blend together the cranberry juice and ice of 1 tray until full combined and slushy. Set aside.
- Next combine the Blue Curacao with another tray of ice and crush until slushy. Set aside.
- Lastly, combine the vodka, lemonade and last ice tray and crush until slushy. Set aside.
- Layer your drinks starting with the cranberry slush on the bottom, then the blue curacao slush and lastly the vodka lemonade slush on the top. Top with something fun and patriotic like mini american flags or swirly straws.
- Sip slowly to avoid brain freeze!