This herb crusted pork tenderloin recipe is one of my favorites because it’s super easy and delicious. I am so busy during the week, so having a “set it and forget it” type of meal is extremely valuable. It literally takes 20 minutes of prep time to make the marinade and herb mixture. All you have to do after that is spread the herb mixture over the tenderloin and pop in the oven. What I usually do is prep the meal before going to work, let it marinate all day, and then pop it in the oven after adding the herb mixture for 40 minutes. It’s that easy!!!
Here are the main ingredients. What you won’t see here are the olive oil and the garlic because I had already put it in the food processor before taking this pic…
I know some people will frown about the four hour marinade time, but pork has the tendency to be bland if you don’t infuse it with some flavor. So while this may seem like a long time for meat to marinate…this will come out flavorful…I promise!
Fast forward 45 minutes and you have a delicious herb crusted pork tenderloin ready for you and the family.
You can serve it with cranberry chutney and wild rice. I ended up serving my pork tenderloin with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed green beans.
For more recipes like this, be sure to check our ANN+JANE food page for our latest recipes and tips on how to improve your cooking technique. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 4 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 tsp dried thyme
- 4 tsp dried basil
- 4 tsp black pepper
- 4 tsp oregano
- 4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Add 3/4 cup olive oil, 6 cloves of garlic (smashed), cilantro, orange juice, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper to a food processor.
- Pulse until garlic is minced.
- Place the mixture and the pork tenderloin in a Ziploc bag and put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (you can even leave it in the refrigerator overnight for more infusion of flavor).
- Remove the tenderloins from the refrigerator and take out of the Ziploc bag. Let sit while you prepare the herb mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Put the 2 cloves garlic, rosemary, thyme, basil, oregano, pepper, and salt into a food processor and pulse until the garlic is minced. Empty the spices into a small bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil to the small bowl and rub the entire mixture over the surface of the two tenderloins (the package comes with 2).
- Roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the pork is done at approx. 145 degrees.
- Let the pork rest for 10 minutes and serve!