For Tristan’s First Birthday I wanted to play one birthday party game but I didn’t want to go overboard, althought I did look for popular indoor fun near me for his birthday. I settled on the idea of a DIY birthday party game because I figured you only turn one once. Fortunately for me I visited family early this year where my Uncle hosted a birthday party for my 3 year old cousin. At the birthday party they played this game that I thought was super cute and easy to make. After watching the game go for a round or two I was certain that I too could pull off this very simple birthday party game. The supplies required are cheap enough and you can use whatever knick knack you want for prizes so it works out perfectly. Check out my picks and step by step below!
- Solo cups
- Sturdy piece of cardboard
- Glue gun or push pins
- Rubber bands
- Tissue paper
- Prizes (toys, money, candy etc.)
- Organize the cups in the formation that you want them to be. I went with a T formation as to highlight my sons name.
- Put the prizes in each cup then cover the top with a sheet of tissue paper and then secure it with a rubber band.
- Make enough cups so each player can play at least once and leave a few empty cups for fun =)
- Organize cups on cardboard and super glue them to board or use push pins.
- All Done!
- Let each child take a turn punching through the tissue paper and retrieving a prize