When I start my Google Maps search and look at all the places around the globe that I never explored, I always make a point to check different continents and examine where I would like to go. I must say something about Central America really appeals to me. While most people think about Belize (another country I hope to visit), I heard such great things about Costa Rica and its rich rain forest that it just really seems like a beautiful place to visit. So in the event that you’re visiting Costa Rica, I have a few activities to check out while you’re there. A friend of mine recently visited family out on Costa Rica and one of their highlights of their trip was visiting destinations such as Buena Vista Del Rincon. She mentioned how this was a great place for activities as well as relaxation. I’m definitely going to check this place out if I do decide to plan this trip. My friend loved Costa Rica so much that she’s actually thinking about moving out there to be with her family. She’s been looking at Condominium in Playas del Coco and I’m hoping that she moves soon so that I can go and visit her. She’s going to have an amazing new life there if it does all go ahead!
Check out the 5 things I researched to do in Costa Rica below.
Location: Central America
Surrounding countries (or nearby): Panama and Nicaragua
Official language: Spanish
Currency: Costa Rican Colón
Exchange Rate: $1 US is worth 504.4 Colonóes
- Visit Arenal Volcano: Relax in the hot springs of the volcano which only stopped erupting as of 2010. This is a popular destination for tourists and locals.
- Take a Canopy Tours and Canon Eering Adventures: This is where you put on canoeing equipment and you descend down the waterfalls propelling down the waterfalls.
- Take an Aerial Tram Tour: Much of Costa Rica’s biodiversity is in its rain forests. Through the aerial tram you are offered insight into life above the forest floor, combining a peaceful ride, glorious scenery and knowledgeable guides to create an unforgettable journey across the treetops.
- Visit the National Theatre of Costa Rica: The theatre is located in the center of San Jose and hosts high quality artistic performances several times a week and is a large tourist attraction. If you have time, performances by the National Symphonic Orchestra (NSO) would be a great thing to check out as they include CostaRican and other such international composers.
- Visit Museo Nacional de Costa Rica: Located in the capital of costa rica, San Jose, contains Costa Rica’s geological, colonial, archaeological, religious, and modern history. The Museum is noted for its pre-Columbian staples and the gold room “Sala de Oro” which has collection of 18th Century furniture and designed to emulate actual living quarters in the 18th century.
Check out www.visitcostarica.com for more information and ideas on places to visit.
Always visit the State Department’s website to find out about places you are planning to visit to better understand the location. Customs and cultures are different everywhere and one should respect and be aware of the environment while visiting. Certainly don’t miss out on the opportunity to visit this spectacular country; if you’re planning a trip, consider something luxurious and private like Costa Rica villas from Exceptional Villas.
Images: Doing Costa Rica, Geology, Costa Rica Link, Costa Rica Web