If you’re like me you love all things chocolate, especially white chocolate, but for today’s recipe we are going traditional with milk chocolate and adding a little Grand Mariner to add a touch of class to this dish. With Valentine’s Day around the corner who wouldn’t like something nice and sweet to share with their love.
To start you need quality chocolate. Not all chocolate is created equal so it’s important to read the melting instructions on the chocolate you choose. For today I went with Lindt chocolate as it has a rich creamy texture that I just love and is perfect for fondue.
I went ahead and portioned out my dippers and the chocolate I will need for the fondue. Make sure to wash and dry your strawberries choosing the ones with a longer stem for easier dipping.
I put the cream, vanilla, and Grand Marnier on the stove first and heat till it’s a low boil. Putting all these ingredients in together first helps to flavor the base before adding the chocolate.
Once you add the chocolate let it sit for 3-5 mins so that it can soften up before you whisk it together.
It should have a nice creamy looking texture and be slightly thick. Then all you have to do is transfer it to another dish, serve, and enjoy! If you try it let me know how it came out!
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz milk or dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier (whatever liquer you prefer)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 store-bought angel food cake, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 Large Marshmallows
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat the cream, vanilla, and grand mariner till its at a low boil. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate.
- 2. Let the chocolate sit in hot cream 3-5 minutes to soften, then whisk chocolate together with the cream.
- 3. After mixed transfer the fondue to a serving bowl.
- 2. Serve immediately with forks and foods for dipping strawberries, angel food cake, and dried fruit.
- You can use whatever dip-a-bles you like! Biscotti,Salted pretzel sticks, Cubed pound cake, fresh fruit (bananas,strawberries,oranges,pineapple) etc.