Cooking during the week is a huge challenge for me. I work full time, my commute is awful, and I’m a new mom. With all these responsibilities, cooking dinner is the LAST thing I want to do! This has caused me to eat out more than I care to admit over the past year. The sad truth is, I like my food much better than what’s served at the restaurant…I just don’t want to have to clean the dishes afterwards or put away the food. Ugh, this is just making me sound lazy, right? Ignore that last part.
So in an effort to cook more, I came across an old favorite of mine called Chicken Paprika. My Mom use to make this all the time and it has everything you could possibly need in life: chicken, butter, and garlic. I’ve decided to pair it with garlic roasted broccoli since everyone needs a side of veggies in their life!
If I cooked more stuff like this delicious chicken paprika, I’m sure I’d be excited about cooking at the end of a long day. Pair that with my new passion for food photography and I think I’ll have a lot of cool pictures of my favorites to share with you.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast (divided to make 6 breasts)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour mixture
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 chicken bouillon, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and minced garlic. Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and add the egg mixture. Coat the chicken for at least 4 hours.
- In another mixing bowl, add flour, paprika, sea salt, garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Mix well (there should not be any clumps).
- Remove the chicken from the Ziploc and dredge in flour mixture. Put aside 1/2 cup of your flour mixture for the gravy.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flour covered chicken in the skillet and brown on each side (approximately 3 to 4 minutes).
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and place the chicken in the dish. Cover chicken with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is not pink in the middle.
- While the chicken is baking, melt the butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 cup flour mixture you put aside from earlier and slowly add it to the melted butter. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly add the milk and stir quickly using a whisk until smooth. Add the crush chicken bouillon and sea salt. Stir until gravy comes to a soft boil and thickens.
- Serve over chicken and garlic roasted broccoli.