If you’re like me, the same old boring ham and cheese on wheat can be a bit tiresome. In order to break from a typical 9 to 5 lunch, I have come up with a ton of recipes that are delicious and, on occasion, healthy.
Not that this is a secret, but if you put any type of sauce or oil on bread or tortilla the night before, the bread or tortilla will become soggy. To avoid that, make sure to pack your sauce in a small container (Pyrex is pretty good) and add it to your sandwich or wrap right before you plan to eat lunch.
- 2 10-inch flour tortillas (wheat is also a good choice)
- 2 tablespoons of Honey Mustard Mayonnaise (I use Honey Baked Ham’s mayo)
- 2 cups of spinach
- 4 to 6 ounces of brown sugar ham
- 2 to 4 ounces of cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of coleslaw mix (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 ounces of walnuts
- 6 apple slices (Gala and Fuji are my favorites)
- 1. Dividing evenly, top the tortillas with the spinach, brown sugar ham, cheddar cheese, and slaw (optional).
- 2. Roll up tightly, folding in the sides.
- 3. Add Honey Mustard Mayonnaise once ready to eat.
- Mix butter (melted), brown sugar, and walnuts in a small bowl. Add apple slices after letting the walnut mixture rest for 1 minute. Put in a sandwich bag and refrigerate.
- Brown Bag Tip: Keep the bread or tortilla moist or otherwise it will start to flake and fall apart.