I have always been a green smoothie girl. Especially in the summer because its such an easy way to get all your nutrition and cool off. Especially when I make them with the main ingredients being fruits, it feels like a dessert for breakfast smoothie. Who doesn’t love that? This summer the hubs and I have been on a super green smoothie kick because its been so hot out. He loves blueberries and I’m a peachy type of girl so I figured why not marry the two! I of course had to top it off with some spinach (gotta eat your greens) a bit of flaxseed (need your fiber) and protein powder, plant based, to make sure I’m getting the protein I need to stay full!
As I have advanced in the art of green smoothie making I have picked up a skill or two that has ensured a perfect smoothies balance. I made a smoothie once and it didn’t get blended all the way due to my incorrect proportions and when the hubs got to work he informed me his breakfast smoothie was actually a breakfast salad #wifefail. So, my two bits of advice are below:
- Blend your greens with your liquid first before adding your other ingredients. This insures that the greens are blended well and your cup isn’t overflowing.
- Don’t overdo it with the fruit. I have learned that less is more when it comes to smoothie additions as sometimes the more you add the less of the individual fruit you taste.
Even my one year old likes it and you can make it too! Let me know if you try it and like it! Check out the pics below!
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1 Tbs flaxseed
- Optional stevia and protein powder
- Blend spinach, water, and flaxseed
- Add blueberries and peaches
- Serve and enjoy!