Many people do not realize it, but water plays a vital role in our bodies. Not only does water hydrate us, but it also allows our bodies to function properly. People forget that the body is composed of approximately 60% water. Thus, many bodily functions like digestion, circulation, and creation of saliva are all dependent on H2O.While the benefits of water are many, here are some you might not be aware of and a few tips that will help you incorporate water into your daily routine.
• Keeps you looking young because of the hydration content
• Aids in weight loss by keeping you full longer, thereby decreasing overeating
• Using warm water and lemons together decreases breakouts, which reduces bacteria internally
• Flushes kidneys and helps transport waste out of the body
• Regulates bowels and keeps the gastrointestinal tract flowing and prevents constipation
Tips to Drink More Water:
• Have a glass of water before every meal
• Eat more fruits and veggies. They are full of water and add to your hydration.
• Keep a bottle of water on hand when leaving the house to go to the gym, mall, work, etc.
• Put a reminder in your phone to drink a glass every other hour or so.
Are you getting enough water? How much? Let me know below!