Being a SAHM over the past year has afforded me the opportunity to try lots of new recipes out on the family. I have developed some new culinary skills that both the kids and the hubs appreciate. My dabbling in the kitchen led me to start experimenting with yogurt pops. My kids love yogurt and while unpacking it, read on the box one day that you could freeze it. I put a little yogurt tube in the fridge for Tris and when it was ready I took it out and gave it to him. Girl, you would have thought he died and went to heaven. His reaction was hilarious, and he loved it! So, because I’m me and like to experiment I started playing around with recipes trying to recreate a healthier version. After much trial and error, I have established a recipe that has been a repeat contender!
The thing I love about yogurt pops is that they are so easy to make and a much healthier alternative to regular popsicles. Everything is made with so much sugar these day’s that I try to limit how much sugar the kids are getting. I’m not trying to go to the dentist more than I have to with these kids. And I know parents with kids who have braces, or a lot of dental work feel me! Plus, yogurt allows them to get some dairy and protein all in one! So, if you have been wanting to test out an easy recipe that your kids will love you must try out these Banana Blueberry Yogurt Pops.
- First Layer
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 TBS Honey
- Second Layer
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large banana
- 2 cups Greek Vanilla Yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
- popsicle sticks if your mold doesn’t come with them
- Blend each layer separately in a blender and set aside.
- Pour the first layer into the popsiscle mold 1/3rd full and freeze for 30 mins.
- Pour the second layer into the popsicle molds evenly dispersing the rest of the mixture. If the popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing - if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a popsicle stick in the mold.
- Freeze overnight or 4-6 hours.
- To remove run popsicle molds under warm water.
- Eat and enjoy!