Before you and the hubs settle down into your Mom + Dad roles, how about a little pre-baby R+R? I give you, a “babymoon” — a vacation you take with your spouse before your bundle of joy arrives – which just might be one of the best things you do to prepare for your new parental status. You have to remember that your “table for 2” is about to become party of 3. What better way to commemorate you and hubbys time together than to take one last trip together before baby arrives. No sense in not indulging in the last few months you have left together. All the options I have included are pregnancy friendly and I have even jotted down a few babymoon tips to consider as well! Happy babymoon hunting!
- Best time to travel is in your 2nd trimester (weeks 14-28)
- Have a letter from your dr. just in case of an emergency
- Make sure to look up close hospitals at your destination
- If traveling outside U.S. makes sure, your insurance covers you outside the U.S.
- If flying bring compression pants for the plane to help with blood circulation and decrease your risk of blood clots.
- Make sure to get up every 2/3hrs to stretch walk around the plane and make sure to drink plenty of water.
Remember babymoons are designed to pamper the mommy and daddy to be before your bundle arrives. This last “hurrah” provides the perfect setting to relax, and reconnect as a couple before entering parenthood. So seize the opportunity now to vacation without diapers and sippy cups, and enjoy this last getaway.
Image: Sheknows, Travel + Leisure