In 2012, my then upcoming wedding inspired me to create and then follow a weight loss plan. I lost 50 pounds in 6 months! I did this by working out 6 days a week and eating a well-balanced diet. So why am I writing about my weight loss plan now? Because I got married and gained 25 of those 50 pounds back in NO TIME!
To put an end to this once and for all, I’m going to embark on another weight loss journey with more than just dropping pounds in mind. I’m only going to embrace diet and exercise plans that I can live with for the rest of my life. I will not have any specific goals for weight loss and I am not going to aspire to look like a single celebrity or a specific body type. When I look in the mirror and like what I see, that’s when I am done with the weight loss plan and moving on to maintaining my new body!
I know what you’re thinking…how are you going to have a weight loss plan if you have no goals, ANN? Good question! I am going to follow these steps:
1. Face the music! This means taking my weight, measurements, and posting it on ANN+JANE’s Body Section!
2. Research vegetables that are tasty and good for you. Then, create a meal plan that is both realistic and takes into account the amount of calories I intend to burn daily.
3. Develop a workout plan! I am going to start small and head to the gym three days a week. I plan on searching for workout routines that could fit my level of fitness and share them with you.
4. Have a cheat day! I am going to have one day a week where I can eat the one thing I am craving during the week. This will prevent me from abandoning my new diet.
5. Workout with friends: Sometimes working out with a buddy can give you some new ideas to improve your workouts or even help you take it to the next level.
I’m going to try these tips and see where I end up.
Got any good ideas for me? Feel free to share them!