There was so much I did not know when planning my own wedding. When I first started planning, I thought selecting the wedding invitations would be one of the easiest parts of the process. To my surprise, there is more to the invitation suite than a simple “save the date” invitation.
So what other enclosures should be included in your wedding invitation suite?
1. Invitation: This is pretty self-explanatory. Make sure your guests know the date, time, and address to help you celebrate your special day. Invitations come in all shapes and designs, so play around with it before settling on a specific one.
2. RSVP: This is especially helpful when considering your reception menu. For some, determining the size of your reception party will dictate the menu. It is also a good way to check with your guests about any allergies to foods. Be sure to have a reasonable date for when people need to reply.
3. Envelopes: Again, this is an easy one. Just be sure that your envelope is large enough to enclose any embellishment that you chose for your invitation. Also, include a smaller envelope for guests to mail back their RSVP response.
1. Maps & accommodations: If you’re like me, you will have lots of out-of-town guests coming for your “Big Day.” Offering maps and other info like hotel accommodations, good restaurants, and detailed directions to the wedding venue will be extremely helpful to your guests from out-of-town.
2. Reception cards: Ideal for reception celebrations located in a separate place from the wedding ceremony. Let your guest know when and where the reception festivities will begin.
These were all the enclosures in my wedding invitation package. Feel free to share what you’re planning on putting in your invitations for the big day!