Positions: Freelance Writers & Columnists
Compensation: Based on experience.
Responsibilities: Annjaneliving is seeking experienced writers and columnists to pitch, research, and produce informative and engaging articles. Candidates should be familiar with topics, appearing on Annjaneliving readers: creative, career-driven women between the ages of 25-35.
We are seeking well-researched stories and opinion posts on topics related to travel, finance, home decor, motherhood and career advice.
Section writers will be responsible for writing inspirational and educational articles in their area of expertise.
– Section writers would need to pitch 5 story ideas every month.
– Section writers will be responsible for delivering at least 2 articles per month on their given section.
– Section writers could possibly be assigned topics from editors.
– Section writers are responsible for sourcing or producing images with proper source credit for their stories.
We are seeking section writers for the following:
– Home Decor
Columnists will write first-person account, opinion-based articles on anything and everything relating to women in their mid-twenties and thirties. From finance, stress management, productivity, and self-improvement. Columnists should have a clear voice and must use appropriate grammar – copyediting is a necessity.
– Columnists must pitch at least 3 topics relevant to topics discussed on the blog every month.
– Columnists will have at least 1 column published every month.
– Columnists will be asked to cover certain topics from editors.
– Research should be done to back up your opinion whenever possible.
– Extensive writing experience
– Experience writing about topics
– Understanding of the topics of interests to women between the ages of 25-35.
– Regular access to email
– Familiarity of topics covered on Annjaneliving.
– Must regularly be researching and pitching new ideas relevant to our readers.
– A witty, yet friendly writing tone.
– Impeccable grammar
If offered a position and you accept, we’ll move forward with a 2-month trial after which we are looking for someone who can commit to staying on for a year.
Submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 6, 2017 at noon. Writers will be reviewed, contacted and hired on a rolling basis.
Section Writers & Columnists Submission Guidelines
- Subject line: Position You Are Interested in, Headline of Article Pitch
- i.e. “Columnist: Why Millenials Struggle to Get Ahead at Work”
- i.e. ” Motherhood Writer: Why it’s Important to Stop Mommy Shaming”
- The body of your email application should include an entire draft of the first article you’d write for Annjaneliving. It should include any images you intend to use for the article with appropriate credit provided.
- Include 5 other pitches. Include the headline and a 1-2 sentence description of the article.
- Include 3 links to samples of your work on topics relevant to the section or column topic you would like to work on.
Writers are encouraged to apply for more than one section. You are not limited to just applying as a columnist or section writer. However, you must specify your preference in your application.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.