As summer comes to a close there is no better way to close it out than with a classic summer salad. I make this summer salad all the time. It is literally a household staple and my hubs love it. It’s really just a twist on a Greek salad. When my husband and I went to Greece for our honeymoon we had a true greek salad. Easily the freshest produce I have ever tasted and the best food I have had on vacation. I love this greek summer salad because its so refreshing. Feel free to add in your own tidbits to make it your own. You can also make this ahead of time and refrigerate before serving. It’s a perfect (and cost effective) potluck dish that is sure to win praise.
I think the best thing about this Greek summer salad is that it’s not complex. Simple ingredients come together to make the perfect dish that wins you over time and time again. With such a harmony of flavors it’s no wonder the Greek salad is so popular. The crisp cucumber pairs perfectly with the crunchy sweet peppers and the olives and feta cheese elevate the whole dish.
If you try it let me know how things go!
- 1 large cucumber coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 orange pepper coarsely chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatos
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- Combine cucumber, yellow pepper, orange pepper, cherry tomato and mix well
- Add olive oil and apple cider vinegar and mix well
- Fold in feta cheese gently
- Serve and enjoy!